The Texas Association of Mid-size Schools
Annual Legislative Conference
December 13-14, 2013
- Representative Jimmie Don Aycock
- Senator Wendy Davis (Invited)
- Senator Robert Duncan
- Representative Donna Howard
- Representative Diane Patrick
- Tom Pauken
- Representative Ben Ratliff
- The Honorable Bill Ratliff
- SBOE Member Thomas Ratliff
- H.D. Chambers
- Robert Duron
- Omar Garcia
- Tim Lee
- Dineen Majcher
- Joe Smith
- David Thompson
- Mary Ann Whiteker
- HB 5: The Vision, TAMSA Led Coalition, Passing and Implementing the Legislation
- Restoring School Funding in the Budget
- Critical Issues in Education from a Historic, Legislative, and SBOE Perspective
- Looking Ahead to the 2014 Election and What It Means for Education
- Unfunded Mandates from the 83rd Legislative Session
- Template Issues
- School Finance Litigation Update
- Current ESC Issues, Challenges, and Future Concerns
Marriott Plaza San Antonio Hotel
555 South Alamo
San Antonio, TX
Special conference rate: : $105/night, single or double. Reservations must be made by November 29 to guarantee this rate. Special property parking rate is only $10 per night.
For reservations: The preferred method is online HERE
If you prefer you can call 1-800-228-9290 and say you are with TAMS.
Note: If the Marriott Plaza is sold out, The Fairmount Hotel http://www.fairmountsa.com located just down the street is offering rooms at $159/night. Contact Jessica Vargas at 210.789.3575 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book directly. The Menger Hotel at 204 Alamo Plaza http://www.mengerhotel.com has rooms available at $110/night. Menger reservations must be made with Marcia Sheingold at 210.293.3411. Be sure to mention TAMS to get these rates.
$100 for first district participant
$90 for all other participants from same district
All Other School Districts:
$135 for first district participant
$125 for all other participants from same district
Note: There is a late fee of $35 per attendee for registrations received after Nov. 29.
Registration fee includes the lunch and reception on Friday and breakfast Saturday morning.
Conference guests are welcome to attend the reception.
Refunds will be issued for cancellations received prior to November 29, less a $35 administrative fee.
There will be no refunds after this date, although another administrator from your district may attend in your place. Make checks payable to TAMS and mail to PO Box 27684, Austin, TX 78755-2684.
Payment must be received on or before the conference.
For TAMS districts, membership in TAMS is required to attend. If your district has not yet joined this year, please remit your annual dues payment. TAMS districts may join online by going to http://www.midsizeschools.org/account/login.